Dublin Marathon, Mile 3

Monday, September 2, 2013

Feeling like a runner again...

Wow, its been a while since I last posted anything on this blog. Anyway, last week was a good training week for me, but it didnt start out that way. After returning from my vacation in Croatia last Sunday, I started the week with good intentions of going hell for leather to lose the KG's I put on whilst eating and drinking away on holiday. The Monday was OK but on Tuesday evening whilst out for a planned fast 6.5 km run, i got a sharp pain in my left knee and had to walk the rest of the way home. Now my knee has been niggling at me for a few weeks and I thought my hopes of running the Basel Marathon in 3 weeks were kaput.
So I got myself a sports massage and got the dreaded foam roller out, and felt a lot better coming towards the weekend.

Come this Sunday it was my last chance to get in a long run before the looking race day, and I am happy to report that i pulled out a nice 29km run at good pace without any issues! BOOM! Davey's back in the game. :)

So, the Basel "run to the beat" marathon is on Sept 22 and I am feeling much better about tackling it now. Only thing is that its a 2 loop run which I have always avoided, but I am sure it will be fine....

Still need to drop a couple of KG's before race day so off the booze completely until after the race. I now have a full size running machine and spin bike at home too, courtesy of someone we know who was refurbing a gym and gave us some of the old stuff!

Week 35- total training time 7.5 hours. Running, spin, gym. 
Longest run 29km, 6.00 Per KM pace. Mannheim - Speyer.


No comments:

Post a Comment