Dublin Marathon, Mile 3

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

4 days to go...

.......... till race day. Things have been going well in the last weeks and I am hoping that it continues up to and throughout the race!

Its Wednesday night as writing this; I get the train to London on Saturday morning and am getting quite impatient waiting. I just want to get at it now. The plan is to aim for somwhere around 4 hours 30, which would be 9 minutes better than my best time. We'll see how it goes on race day! Weather is looking good - no rain and approx 17 C. If it stays like that then I will be very happy.

On another note, a mate of mine is currently running The Marathon Des Sables this week! Makes my marathon seem like a stroll around the park.

(The Marathon des Sables (MdS, Marathon of the Sands, or Sahara Marathon) is a six-day, 251 km (156 mi) ultramarathon, which is the equivalent of six regular marathons. The longest single stage (2009) is 91 km (57 mi) long.)

So right now, my knees are good, toe/foot is as good as its gonna get, and although my achilees is not perfect, it should be ok. The reason i am writing this is so i can read after the race and compare notes.

I do have a little fatigued quads to be honest. I helped a friend move house at the weekend and the lift was out of order, so we had to move everything down six flights of stairs. Should be ok in a few days with some luck.

Target weight for the race was 88KG. I got to 88.8 on Sunday so that will do me! 

Looking foward to a beer after the race.....


No comments:

Post a Comment